Well we're home. It feels like a long time ago that we were actually in Sunny Surfer's. I am finding it just a bit tricky getting back into the swing of things but am slowly getting organised. Have managed very little sewing or blogging this week, but have caught up with school planning, housework and finally ironing, so hopefully I can find something creative and crafty to calm my sewing withdrawals. I have added a few of my favourite photos from the last week of our holiday. We were very relaxed in the last week and spent a lot of time sitting around, reading, swimming, (well spa-ing) shopping and stitching. I actually completed 16 stitcheries while away, so thats pretty good. The benefits of being an insomniac and early riser!!!

Matt and Luke with this gorgeous clown at Dreamworld!! Not sure who the biggest clown is? The boys were terrific to go away with and the girls really enjoyed speneding time with their cousins.

While we were away it was John's almost 50th birthday. We went to the Southport Sharks for a terrific buffet meal. The 4 teenagers couldn't help themselves when they saw this friendly looking shark, just had to pose for a photo.

My girls - Georgia and Alex
My nephews- Matthew and Luke
Mr Birthday himself- my brother-in-law- John.

Our extended family always goes out for dinner to celebrate a birthday. As life is so busy having "birthday get togethers" ensures that we see each other throughout the year. Georgia's favourite restaurant is Hog's Breathe and her birthday is the 25th of this month so we decided to have her birthday tea while we were away.

This is the view from a vacant block on the top of Tambourine Mountain. We visited the mountain on the Sunday to go to the markets. We didnt end up going to the markets however, the weather was freezing and the 4 "teenagers" got the winges!! So we had a look around some shops, had a coffee, bought some scrumptious fudge and went back to the Resort. The mountain is a gorgeous place, I can see myself living in one of those rambling old Queenslanders, running a BandB and quilting till my hearts content......Ahhh....
A few more of the stitcheries completed in Surfer's. I love the verse that goes with the Dessert.
Life is short eat dessert first..
5 comments:
great pics Catherine,
bet it's nice too be home in your own bed?
Gee you sure got some stitching done while away well done...
Now tell me did it feel like you'd landed on the south pole when you got home?
cheers Vickie
Welcome home! 16 stitcheries!! WOW!! Great job!! Love your pics, the one with both your girls is just lovely
x Sarah
South port was a funny night. Remember those really good dancers. hahahahah.
oh the cake was drama filled.
=)xx
Ho Hum back to the real world. Your dream is very similar to mine...... retirement in Qld not sure about the B&B but quilting to my hearts content sounds good. We are off the Qld in October I have a friend who lives at the foot of Tamborine Mountain I can't wait.
You certainly all had a great time!!! You need to sleep more and rest: though I expect getting up early and being able to stitch IS a holiday for you!!!
Post a Comment