Sunday, August 17, 2008

Heritage Bag

You may remember that I went to a Christmas in July day at Evandale with Brenda Ryan, Kerry Gillespie and Viv Robinson. This is the bag that Viv had for us to make.
And this is the beginning of the pocket stitchery that I started on the day.....

And this is the finished bag.....


I used Civil War fabrics as I'm going through a bit of a Civil War frenzy at the moment....there are just so many gorgeous fabrics!!! I am really happy with this bag, it will have to be my number 1 Craft bag for a while!

23 comments:

Julie said...

STUNNING! I love the fabrics you used.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, I love the coloured Civil War fabrics and your stitchery is beautiful!! Hope you are feeling better now!!

Sarah said...

WOW!!! Cathy, your version of that bag looks fantastic!! Love the colours you chose.
x Sarah

Leanne said...

I love the bag.....we got a really lovely sampler from Viv at Loxton I really like her patterns.

Stina Blomgren said...

WOW!!!

I love it...this bag is wonderful!!!

Vickie said...

wow I love your bag-the stiching is great--I hope that one dag my arm will heal enough that I too can stitch by ahnd again,the civil war fabric looks great
cheers Vickie

Rose Johnston said...

Oh Cathy your bag looks fantastic!!! Love the Civil War fabrics, they look great!!
Hugs xxx

Cara said...

Love it! Your colors are wonderful and the stitchery is cool!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Another wonderful stitchery! You do beautiful work. blessings, marlene

Bec said...

I love it! Gorgeous choice of fabrics. Well Done!
Bec xxx

Fer said...

Woohoo! Well done!! Mmmm, yummy Civil War fabrics too. :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just beautiful Cathy....you have done a fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

NICE!!! I love this. Beautiful job and it is a show-stopper!

Leanne said...

Your bag is lovely Cathy. I love those civil war fabrics to,

Leanne xx

Janette said...

Love the bag!! Very effective and I love the fabrics!!

Anonymous said...

Well yes you definatley needed another Bag. NOT !!!!

Days and colors said...

It is such a beautiful bag! The stitchery is lovely and the fabrics are perfect! time to go out for some shopping with your new pretty bag! ;o))

Unknown said...

Love your Bag Cathy..fabrics look Great with the Sampler stitcherie
cheers
maree

Jo said...

Your bag is great Cathy, love the colours and the stitchery

Hanne said...

Your bag is absolutely gorgeous !!
The stitchery is to die for :-)
Do you know if and where the stitchery pattern can be purchased ?
It is high on my wish list :-)

Christine said...

Your bag looks fantastic, Cathy. Love the Civil War fabrics and the stripes. Good on you for getting it finished.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your bag Cathy!! The stitchery is just lovely and it teams so well with those Civil War fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, You have made a lovely bag.I have been a big fan of Viv's work for a long time. I made one of her earlier patterns Airing the Quilts. Also, I too love the repro fabrics. Regards Lyn