Saturday, September 20, 2008

Christmas Gathering.

Today I attended the Quilted Crow Christmas Gathering at Campania near Richmond. It was a really great day involving catching up with Tassie Bloggers, lots of eating, chatting and laughing and just a bit of stitching. The hall looked beautiful and the tables were decorated with attractive prim-ornamental trees. Each stitcher received a very sweet peace dove made by The Quilted Crow ladies.



Alex, Meredith and Sue....friends and happy stitchers from Launceston.

Tasmania Bloggers were- Jo from Jo in Tas, Helen from Helen's Hugs, Alex from Stitchin School Girl, Fiona from My Beautiful Girls, Leanne from Lizzie's Page, Kathy from Harmony Junky, Christine from Auntie Quaint Quilts, Cathy from Highland Quilter and Sarah from If only I had Chocolate. The group of Tassie bloggers seems to be growing at each gathering. We are starting to get to know each other and as there are 2 distinct groups at opposite ends of the state we are beginning to make plans for a get together in the middle of our happy island in the near future. Some of us have also planned a Christmas Ornament swap with the baubles that Anni offered as one of todays projects.

We were so lucky to have Natalie Bird, Anni Downs and Diedre and Leonie from The Quilted Crow there to offer us projects, inspiration and advice. I was really keen to work on a small project that I could almost finish today. And guess what I have finished it. I made a very sweet Sunflower pin cushion from wool, designed by Natalie Bird.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your Lovely pics...looks like a Great day..Love the Ornaments & Your Pincushion.
cheers
maree

Julie said...

Such a fun day!! I love seeing several of my blog friends in the same photo. Wish I could have joined you. LOVE the pincushion!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

I´m jumping up and down of excitement... Lucky ladies!!! Totally wonderful...Thanks for sharing the lovely things and some photos from the happening!!

em's scrapbag said...

What a wonderfully fun day. How nice to be with quilting buddies making quilting projects. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Looks like such a fun day for everyone and to meet up with bloggers too, what a blast. The ornaments are sooooo CA..UTE. I love the sunflower pincushion.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a wonderful day you have had!So many people seem to be working on Christmas projects already - I had better get a move on!

Christine said...

Hi Cathy. Great post. I'll try and get one up today, too. Lovely to meet you up with you again. Hope it's not to long before we can do it again. Your pincushion looks amazing. You achieved heaps more than me.
Christine

Chookyblue...... said...

wow great to se you all and what a group you are becoming......lovely to get the chance to meet up........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like you guys had a great time Cathy....thanks so much for sharing the photos...so nice to put faces to blogs...

Fer said...

What a great day!

I looooove the ornaments - they're just gorgeous and your pincushion is too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely time this looks like! I adore your pincushion! So sweet!
~Emily in Norway

Jo in TAS said...

It was lovely meeting you , can't wait until we al get together again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, What are the odds of having Christmas Workshops on the same Day in two different states. Dinner was not quite midnight, closer to 8pm.Thank you for your kind comments. Regards Lyn

Annie said...

Love your pincushion - the day sounds fab. We are planning a Ballarat Blogger get together over the holidays, but it won't be as big as yours.

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you all had a fantastic time!! Wish I was there. Looks like the projects were just beautiful too!!
x Sarah

Anonymous said...

What a lovely weekend, and don't you meet the nicest people through the Internet?? Today in the BlackSpot of Doomlight the woman with the Layby realised it is EXACTLY 3 months till Christmas. YOu will be well prepared with your lovely things!!

Pauline said...

seems a great day was had by all. What fun

Karen said...

That looks like it was such a fun day and quite a big gathering of ladies. I come across the Quilted Crow lots of times when I am searching for a particular pattern on the internet.