Well true to form, being on holidays means pulling out lots of UFO's and swapping from one project to the next. I am working on a few at the moment and thought I would share the progess. I'm trying to remain focused on these quilts but secretly I am really keen to start something new..... I will try to be restrained!!!
Block 5 of Journey of a Quilter is now finished!! It took a bit longer than I thought it would! Don't you just love this verse...it is so true!! The only thing that should be added is "Bitched and Winged!" What would we do without those weekly unloading sessions!!
Nice people Nice Things is still progressing!! It is now in 10 strips with half of them being hand stitched down. 5 more to go and then I need to put the strips together and then do the binding/edges.....
When will I see the end of this quilts tunnel???? Very soon I hope!! Dont get me wrong, I am enjoying it, but I dont think I will rush to do another quilt-as-you-go in the near future! My Christmas quilt has created quite alot of interest in Blogland, well here it is in its layout stage. I am planning to put it altogether tomorrow and to add some more borders and things. Stay tuned....
17 comments:
you are so busy with all your quilts .I hope you have a lovely holiday
Miss Milly is looking particularly well: I am sure she is very helpful. You quilt is looking wonderful too!!!
You are really into stitchery projects! You do such nice embroidery.
My what lovely things you have been doing.
Such beautiful progress on all :o) Yes, I had decided I wasn't going to do the NPNT as a quilt as you go. It looked really "complex" for me, lol. Figured I might actually finish it if I did it more traditionally. Your quilt is wondeful!
Miss Milly is beautiful. I'm loving the work you've done on the quilt.
Wow all your projects look wonderful. Great progress, I too have to try and stay focused.
Good to see Miss Milly is overseeing all projects...block 5 your catching up....love the Xmas quilt.
You are very ambitious and motivated. You have some gorgeous quilts. What treasures you will have when they are finally finished.
I enjoyed looking at the pics of all your projects very much and of course the pic of your pup! I like how your Christmas quilt is not traditional bright red and green and the stitchery is beautiful. I'm with Colleen on how to put together the NPNT squares, quilt as you go is NOT for me!
Love the Christmas quilt. The star blocks look terrific with the stitcheries.
What a sweet little doggie you have ... Molly would love her.
I'm glad I've seen the Christmas quilt in real life - the photo doesn't do it justice!
Nice to see Milly not growling and barking for a change!! ;)
I love your embroidery and little Milly is so cute.
Hi Cathy, Wow you have been busy.All your projects are progressing well. Does Miss Milly get into mischief?Look forward to seeing the finished projects. Have a happy holiday. Regards Lyn
Cathi, you have been so very busy I love it all....and as for Miss Milly...she is just so cute....can't wait to see more of the Christmas Quilt.
I am looking forward to seeing your Jouney of a Quilter finished.... are you going to hand quilt it??
Milly is SO cute!!
x Sarah
Your NPNT quilt is looking great! I love seeing what you are up to.
The colours in your christmas quilt are fabulous!
Bec xxx
Post a Comment