Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back from the Beach

The unpacking is done, the cars are washed, the dog is happy and the washing is almost finished! We came home from the beach today. We had a lovely time and were glad to be on the coast during a pretty amazing heat-wave. The last 4 days have seen temperatures in the high 30's to low 40's. Temperatures Tasmania very rarely sees! Today is cooler thank goodness.
As a result of the heat I have nothing new to share. We spent our week keeping cool and I did very little stitching. Two "Ruth's Quilt" stitcheries was the total effort.
While I was away though, I did recieve this terrific award from Suzie. Thank you Suzie!!!

11 comments:

Isabella said...

Glad you had a bit of a break away from that heat it was awfull

Anonymous said...

You deserve your 'lovely' award, and I'm glad too you have had a break away in a great spot. We are all hoping the yukky weather is over, especially with class rooms opening, Debs.

Anonymous said...

Too hot to be alive. Glad you had a nice break before it all starts again!!

Jo in TAS said...

Great to getaway and relax before getting back into work!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Glad you had a good time at the beach. It's nice to get away for a few days.

Leanne said...

I thought you guys down there might have melted.

Fiona said...

It was a great break, what are the dates for next year ? I somehow wiped my memory card last night when I was trying to do a blog entry. Even lost the Aus Day water slide shots, not happy. X
We are back to the air conditioner and we don't even need it so Tasmania.

Fer said...

You know it's hot when the air conditioner at work is barely making a difference!

Hope you got some good swims in! See you Thursday. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, glad you could escape the heat.Just too hot to sew.Congrats on your Award. Regards Lyn

Gabriela said...

Hi, i love your blog, i write between yours follows, I hope write this, o write in espaƱol?

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

How was your first week back at school. Did you manage to do anything on the craft side this week???
Andrea