Monday, January 19, 2009

Tasmania's Beautiful Beaches and 2 Wisp

Below is a picture of my favourite beach at Bridport.
Bridport is a small beach town on the North East Coast of Tasmania. My family came from this part of Tasmania and we have been holidaying at Bridport most Christmas holidays ever since I was a little girl. My parents brought me here and I now bring my children here. It is one of the places I can relax and really enjoy myself!

The photo below is of Binnalong Bay. This is another beautiful beach on the East Coast of Tasmania. This beach is part of "The Bay of Fires" and has been voted as one of the best tourist destinations in the world. Last week I spent 3 days with a couple of teaching friends of mine and we went to a beautiful restaurant called Angasi. This is the view from our balcony table! The food was divine!


I have been having a very busy week so far. Lots of visiting with old friends and socializing. On the craft front I have 2 WISP's on the go. I have been getting a few of my stitcheries from Leanne Beasley's "Ruth's Quilt" finished and I have also spread my Nice People Nice Things quilt out on the Sewing Room floor and am slowly stitching it together. It is now in 6 strips!! My aim is to have this quilt finished before I return to work on the 3rd of Feb!!


Happy Stitching
Cathyx

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't been to 'Angasi' for three years, yes the food is something there, although angasi itself isn't my favourite dish.
We certainly have beautiful beaches on our Tasmanian coastline, best in the country.
Your stitching is looking good, lots to do in the next couple of weeks, have fun, Debs.

Fiona said...

Can't wait to go to Bridport next week !!!!!!!! Nice people Nice things looks like it is coming together. X

Kathy said...

Wow, you've been busy with your stitching - looking good.
My kids spent 5 nights with their dad, stepmum and stepsisters at Bridport earlier this month. Jesse and Tali loved it, but Micah still tells me "I hated camping. The only good part was the beach!" He's such a doofus :-)
K xx

julia said...

Hi Cathy,
wow, what a beautiful place on earth...it comes close to my fantasy of a perfect place...
Oh, can't wait to see your 'Ruth's quilt' finished....it's a lovely one {and on my 'one-day-I-hope-to-sew-this-also-list', lol}.
Hugs, Julia

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Love those beach shots...Was in Tasmania last year...recently posted a couple of pics of Hobart...you certainly live in a beautiful State...have visited Tas 3 times!!! You are achieving heaps on the sewing front...looking forward to the finished quilt. Happy Stitching!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh!!!
I have forgotten about this quilt...stupid me... :o) or both of them... ahhhh...sorry... thanks for reminding me with your wonderful blocks!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos of places way-far-away from me. Love your stitcheries.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

The wonderful pics of the beach are a nice sight for these winter weary eyes of mine

Glad to hear you're making the most of your time off from school; enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing your NPNT quilt finished and your other stitchery; both are just gorgeous!

em's scrapbag said...

Love the pictures of the beach. I agree the beach is a very relaxing place. Your stitcheries are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Some beautiful stitchery there!

missliz said...

I am not a quilter, but I found you on PatchworkPottery and was surprised at our similarities. I am a mother of two, have a Malta-tzu puppy named Claire and I love the beach. We vacation on the Gulf of Mexico. I will check back to see and hear more! Have a great day!
Liz from USA

Christine said...

Glad you're enjoying your holiday. We certainly do have some lovely beaches. You've been busy with your stitcheries ... good luck getting NPNT finished.
Christine

Unknown said...

Love your NPNT Quilt...yet to start mine....Love your colours..
cheers

Lynda said...

We live in an area with lovely beaches and, so, we loved Bridport when we visited Tassie. Your blocks are beautiful - I love "Ruth's Quilt" - can see myself making it again one day.

Fer said...

Our coastlines are very special, and I do feel even more privileged that I've seen what's "down below" on scuba dives.

Geez, I wish I had school holidays - all that sewing!!!

Sarah said...

Gosh Cathy you are doing great! I like both those quilts. Are you coming to the Gathering this May?

Julie said...

Nice beach photos! I would love to compare your beaches with our Florida ones. Perhaps one day.

Julie said...

Just love the beach photos! We are planning a Tassie holiday in April, I can't wait to see them for myself!

Rose Johnston said...

Glad your haivng a great holiday!! Beautiful pics!! Good luck with NPNT, it will be stunning when its finished!!

Leanne said...

HI Cathy
Your NPNT quilt is looking great, I can't wait to see it,
Catch up soon

Love leanne xx

Leanne said...

What a great view....good to see some stitching and relaxing going on in Tassie.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How wonderful I am sure you had a fabulous time...your WISP's look great...