Friday, February 27, 2009

Final February Finish

My Christmas Quilt is finished. My lovely friend Leanne quilted it for me at work. Leanne is learning how to quilt on Lilian's Quilting Machine at Esme's Quilt Shop and kindly Stipple Quilted this quilt top for me.
I designed the top myself. I used the Ohio Star block, a bit of applique and stitcheries from Bronwyn Hayes' pattern called A Pocketful of Christmas. I am really pleased with the end result. I also made it with one of my favourite fabric ranges....Chocolat.
So this is finish number 4 for February...a very productive month. Things may slow down now...I have chosen projects that were almost finished up until now....the next few projects have lots of work left to be done!!







20 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love the embroidery combined with patchwork. Really lovely.

Jo said...

I love your christmas quilt, great colours.

Isabella said...

Gosh Katherine Thats nice havent seen that one leanne has done a great job too

Narelle said...

Beautiful stitchies, beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

Another gem!! Hope you enjoy the Quilt show today... My head is bursting with ideas from my visit there on Thursday!! Lx

Melinda said...

Lovely quilt.

Anonymous said...

Well done, love original ideas.

Julie said...

Wow, this is just so very, very cute!

Fer said...

You are the stitching Queen!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, I especially like the anglel, I've made her a few times too!!

May Britt said...

This is a great finish. I love Bronwyns stitcheries and have some of these christmas patterns.

Julie said...

Bronwyn Hayes is one of my favourite designers too, so I particularly like this quilt! Beautiful work as expected!

annemariesquilt said...

Wow this is truly a wonderful stitcheryquilt . Your own Design , congratulation !!

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Love your latest project. Did you have fun at the Quilt Show ??
Andrea

Cara said...

Beautiful Quilt! Great finish!

Sheryl said...

Congratulations on your fourth finish, it is a gorgeous quilt.

julia said...

What a sweet cute quilt...well done, both of you!
Cheers, Julia

Simone de Klerk said...

I just love this Christmas quilt, Cathy! Very pretty stitcheries!

Myra said...

A wonderful finish there Catherine! Awesome stitcheries! 8-)

Christine said...

Love those stitcheries. You will have a very nice quilt for next Christmas.