Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy Stitching Weekend!

This weekend is the Queen's Birthday Long-Weekend in Tasmania and I have been a right sloth. I have sat on the couch, stitched, played in the Sewing-room and watched the entire first season of House...24 - 40 minute episodes...
I did force myself to go for a walk this morning,only because I had a huge case of couch butt and stitchers' back!!
So what did I do??
I looked through my Dear Jane book ...yes I have joined the thousands of mad women around the world working on a Baby Jane Quilt!

I finished the very first block-A1. (yes it is in reverse...)
Found my Noah's Ark quilt, and did a lot of the stitcher's. I did infact finish all of the stitcheries and will share the finished quilt top tomorrow... you can see how much I have stitched...these are all now completed... WOW!! (even I'm impressed)

I had a play with my Wonky Houses from Lurline's Wonky House swap...couldn't decide what to do with them so put them away again....
The blocks are from lots of Aussie ladies...Lynda, Anne, Mistea, Narelle, Shari, Peg and Erin....thank you ladies, your blocks are lovely.

So best get back to the couch...Season 2 is calling me.Have you ever seen House with Hugh Laurie in it...it is very funny, he is so sarcastic and rude in a funny sort of way...

18 comments:

Jan said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Cathy. I've got stitcher's bum too - in my case occasioned by Lost in Austen on DVD, 4 episodes of Rebus and lots of other stuff on pay TV, plus a drive to Queenscliff. did get out of the car there at least and had a good walk round the shops and down to the water - very bracing, thanks to the cold breeze, and not expensive either as we weren't hungry. Came home feeling refreshed and with a nice rose-patterned china jug that cost me all of $2 in the Queenscliff oppy. Have a great week. NB: the word verification word is nonscot; very funny - I AM a Scot!

2paw said...

Ok, that's a TV viewing marathon worthy of me!!!! What a nice selection of crafty goodness!!

Micki said...

Looks like you had a very bush weekend. The houses were wonderful!
Micki

Francien said...

Wow...you have bin a busy bee this past weekend Catherine!!!..what a lovely stitchery..cant wait to see the finished quilt!!
Greetings from Holland
Francien.

Fer said...

Well, it has been the perfect weather for it! I'm very impressed.

I've heard lots of good things about House, and I've always loved Hugh Laurie. I might have to borrow the DVD. :)

Bec said...

Your Dear Jane is going to be so beautiful in those fabrics!

Narelle said...

Wow, what a great weekend!
Enjoy your Dear Jane journey.

Lynda said...

Perfect weekend I'd say. Good on your for starting your Dear Jane - I've bought the book, background fabric and 2 charm packs - that's it so far.

Fee said...

I had a very similar weekend - Can't wait to see the quilt top.

Julie said...

I have got to get over my silly notion that sitting in front of the TV, stitching is counterproductive. Obviously you have achieved many miles of stitching, while relaxing.... You are my inspiration!
Oh and welcome to Baby Jane Land...love ya work!

Sarah said...

You lazy bum!! lol..... dont ya hate getting couch butt..... I do lol!! Getting abit of that myself lately hehehehe
So, how long have you given yourself for the DJ blocks??
x Sarah

Rose Johnston said...

Love the fabrics you have picked for the Dear Jane! Have fun with it, Ive done a few squares but the triangles worry me!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Sounds like the ideal weekend...yes I have seen House and I agree with you...he is sarcastic and funny at the same time...Dzintra

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, I am jealous.....we went away for the weekend...no sewing alas.....hurt my back in the process.....I have made eighty blocks of Dear Jane....love the Noah's Ark stitcheries.....warm regards lyn

The Rabbit Factory said...

I think Dear Jane had no idea the legacy she was creating when she made that quilt! Congrats on joining!

Anonymous said...

Oh... what a life!! You rock!! I'm so jealous!! I absolutely Love Hughe Laurie... I love and watch every episode of House but I love him best in his BlackAdder Days... You guys go back to school next week and we finish on the 26th... It's a bit outta whack the Aussie school system don't you think? Hope you're enjoying your new school. Lx

Karen said...

Your first DJ block looks wonderful. My DJ journey is going to be a long one, as I am just hand piecing one block a week. Such fun! Enjoy the journey.

PatchworkRose said...

I listen to talking books while I sew. Long weekend listening was Bryce Courtney Four Fires. Very outback Australian. Very Funny and a lot true with just the right amount of sad too. 24 Cd's so it was a long read. Got lots of things done.