Saturday saw Meredith, Leanne,Christine and myself up bright and early so we could attend the Stitcher's and Craft Fair.
We had our mandatory coffee and pastry at Banjoes at Campbell Town and then drove on to Hobart where we spent about 2 hours wandering around the stalls and quilt exhibition. The fair was a bit disappointing this year, with only a few good quilting stalls. Lots of beads, stamps and scrapbooking stalls for those so inclined.
I did mange to buy a couple of things though....
What visit to Hobart would be complete without a visit to the wonderful Quilted Crow shop? We visited with the lovely Deirdre and I purchased a little more fabric for my Dear Jane and the Easter Googies Cone kit that I have admired everytime I have been to the shop of late.
I also picked up my first block for The Quilt Aid quilt.
My first block is the one designed by Tassie's own Helen Stubbings. The block is just gorgeous and is called Bluebird of Hope.
QuiltAid is infact Helen's love child and she deserves a tremendous applause for all of her hard work....it surely is for an amazing cause!

10 comments:
Hi Catherine.I like all your goodies you bought Im sure you will have fun sewing with it all will be watching to see what you make.
Hugs Mary.
Hi Cathy - looks like you had a great day out! The Quilt Aid block looks gorgeous.
Great purchases there Catherine! The quilt aid blocks look wonderful...
I like everything that you bought...how fun is that!
Micki
lovely shopping...........
Hi Cathy! Thanks so much for visiting my blog... it was lovely to hear from you! I've just been checking out your beautiful quilts and things here on your blog...you are too clever!
Sheree xx
ps. Have a great week!
I thought you lot would get to the show, pity there wasn't more of your type of thing there for you!
Looking forward to seeing your booty in real life!
Lucky yu to attend that fair!! Looks like a wondeful place to be at!!! Lovely shopping!! :o))
Sounds like the craft fair was great..love the fabrics you bought, they do look like repro fabrics..
Julia ♥
Hey Cathy!
Great purchases! You did manage to buy more than me....
I am looking forward to seeing your progress of the Quilt Aid Quilt - I was going to get it, but I am getting the Patchwork Party quilt in the same fabric for Xmas!
x Sarah
Post a Comment