Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Tisket, A Tasket

Well the holiday is over.... and I am back at work!! Crafting has ground to a slow crawl...
At the weekend I did manage to spend time getting my Tisket/Tasket blocks ready to stitch. I am blanket stitching them but have decided it is time to get over my fear of needle-turn applique. The blanket stitching looks good and I enjoy doing it, but needle-turn looks much more effective. So the next project I need to applique I am going to needleturn and not stress out too much if you can see a stitch or two.
These blocks are just so cute...I can imagine a very sweet cot quilt being made from them...just have to find a very sweet baby to make it for....


9 comments:

Scottish Nanna said...

I love your blocks your stitching is so neat.
Hugs Mary

Myra said...

Your blocks look wonderful! Love your background fabric!
I hope to do them at some point, but my plate is full right now... 8-)

Fer said...

I'm sure you won't have any problem with needle turn!

Joy said...

Your blocks are so pretty .....
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anonymous said...

If an inverted leftie can "needleturn" anyone can, and anyway the needleturn police are too busy by the fire stitching to go out and look. Just do it and enjoy it, and it will be soft and cuddly for the cot quilt. :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely Blocks...they are Cute.
cheers

Leanne said...

Doing some catch up here. Your blocks look lovely. I have to prepare myself before doing needle turn.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy your blogs look great...needleturn does look so good, I too have a bit of a fear, pointy curves.....

Julie said...

WOW these blocks look wonderful. I love your fabric choices.