Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Crafty Christmas

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I certainly did even though Christmas Day seemed to stretch over 2 days this year. The festivities are almost over and I am heavily involved with cleaning and sorting out my house. (a ritual I tend to do between Christmas and New Year..) Once my house is in order I am then free to stitch and "play" with fabric til my hearts content....
This year I was involved in 2 Christmas Swaps. The first swap was Chookyblues SSCS. Below is a picture of the gifts that I sent my SSCS partner Marica in Sweden.


Below is my SSCS gift that I received from Caroline in the Netherlands. Thank you so much Caroline for the lovely journal and Christmas decoration.
The other Christmas Swap that I was involved in was with my online Friends in Stitching group. Below are the gifts that I made for Peg. The stocking is a Vivian Robinson design and was great fun to make...I will have to make myself one now!
And this is the terrific gift that I received from my Friend in Stitching partner Sarah....how lucky am I...a Bronwyn Hayes bag....

This year I have been working on the Quilt Aid quilt organised by Helen Stubbings. For Christmas my family bought me the finishing kit for the quilt. I chose to use the finishing kit designed by The Quilted Crow ladies in Hobart. I only have 2 blocks to go and I can start to use the kit...I am really looking forward to putting it altogether!

My girls even gave me crafty things this year. Alex bought me some new scissors and Georgia gave me this very cute stocking that she made at school and then filled it with choccies!

Last, but definitely not least is this absolutely gorgeous cushion. My dear friend Leanne made me this. She is such a good friend and very cleverly used the fabrics I am planning to use for my next bed quilt- Collection for a Cause- Heritage. Thank you so much Leanne it is sitting on my bed silently encouraging me to get busy and make the new bed quilt!!


13 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gee Cathy....gorgeous gifts made and received, I am thrilled with my stocking, mine will be hanging up all year round, thank you again your are one amazing stitcher and friend........and your cushion from Leanne is 'beautiful'....

Micki said...

You made and received some wonderful gifts! That bag is just gorgeous!
Micki

Chookyblue...... said...

such beautiful gifts sent and received in both swaps............thanks so much for being part of the SSCS this year........

Fee said...

Wow gorgeous gifts Cathy - Enjoy the rest of your break.

Jodie said...

Those stockings in particular are just gorgeous.

Cubby House Crafts said...

They are all just gorgeous! Makes me wish I had started my blog a bit sooner, so I could of participated in more swaps! Lisa

Myra said...

Lovely gifts Cathy,in and out! 8-)
Love the bag and pillow!

Julie said...

Such lovely gifts Cathy, yours and theirs! Along with the cushion I am also cheering you on!

Leanne said...

Your gifts are lovely Cathy, the Bronwyn Hayes bag is sweet and that cushion I made did turn out rather well didn't it, I'm so pleased you liked it. Hurry up and finish your house cleaning so we can start stitching together.

Julie said...

Everything is so beautiful. You gave beautiful gifts (I am coveting the stocking you made) and received beautiful gifts too. Sounds like you had a great Christmas.

Unknown said...

Hi Catherine it looks like you had a great Christmas , have a fantastic New yEAR !

Christine said...

WOW. It's all gorgeous. Must find my stocking pattern ... yours both look fantastic. See why you want to make yourself one too.

Lynda said...

Hi Cathy - everything you've made is beautiful, as is the cushion from Leanne.