Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and a great New Year's. We have been very family focused this year. Spending Christmas lunch with my sister Fiona, and Nathan, Issi and Ruby, Mum, Dad and John. We broke from tradition and had a BBQ and it was so much better. After lunch we all enjoyed playing on the Play Station that Issi and Ruby received from Santa. For dinner that night we went to a BBQ with Andrews brother, John and his extended family.
On Boxing Day we had a "Left-over" BBQ at Mum's.
New Years Eve we went to a BBQ with friends at the Tiffin's and New Years Day saw us having yet another BBQ with my family at our house.
Thank goodness the Tassie weather has been co-operating and we have been able to be outside enjoying the sunshine on every occasion!
Things have been very quiet on the crafting side. I have almost finished my "Spring Cleaning"....have gone a little crazy this year and tidied every cupboard and cleaned entire rooms- walls, doors, windows etc..
I have managed to finish my little Kinder girls. I was making them for my daughters and nieces for Christmas but decided to keep them for Easter. The red lady is mine and the 4 girls can choose which one they would like.




The pattern for these ladies is from Jodie (aka Ric-Rac) and they are called Kinder girls. They are fun to make and are very sweet. I particularly like the reversible "frock" and little woollen shoes.

20 comments:

Melinda said...

The dolls are adorable, and I also love to have a good tidy out after the decorations are put away. Maybe it's seeing all the blank spaces everywhere.

2paw said...

The dolls are gorgeous!!
The BBQs sound like perfect Summer Christmas celebrations, though it has been far too hot for us!!
I hope we can catch up in the holidays!!

Isabella said...

So glad you enjoyed your Christmas /newyear The dolls look great

Anonymous said...

The cutest dolls :)
We have had 'picnics' over the Christmas and New Year, even when at home. Now we are also having a tidy. Glad you have had an enjoyable time, just as we have had.

Anonymous said...

they are so very cute, have a great year.

cheers
Christine

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cathy your little girls are just so cute.....enjoy the 'spring cleaning'....

Julie said...

Your Christ,as/New Year celebrations sound wonderfully relaxing! I just love your Kinda Girls, they are seriously cute!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So, so cute Catherine - I'm sure each of them will enjoy theirs!!

Myra said...

Adorable dolls Catherine!
Enjoy your tidying up and have a great 2010! 8-)

Fee said...

They are just gorgeous - It would be so hard to choose. Happy New Year ! Hopefully we will catch up at the next gathering?

Fer said...

Surely you'd be all BBQ'd out by now! :D

The dolls are very sweet, I love Jodi's work.

Hope to see more of you in 2010!

PS. the red type on black background - not good. On my PC I could hardly read it!! :)

Jodie said...

Wow !You made a whole gang of girlies. Love the pocket details especially.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your Kinder Girls are so sweet Cathy! Love all the little details.

Julie said...

Oh they are so cute!! I hope you are enjoying the beginning of the New Year.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Happy New Year, Cathy! Your kinder girls are adorable...
Hugs
Jenny

Christine said...

Happy New Year. Have you finished cleaning yet? I've been doing the same thing!! Love the Kinder dolls ... the one with the red dress is my favourite. Enjoy your holidays.
Christine

Micki said...

The dolls are just wonderful, and you did a wonderful job on them. I just love them!
MICKI

Sarah said...

Great to hear you all had a wonderful break.... mine is over on Monday :+(
Cute Dolls!
Love your new template Cathy!

Julie said...

Your kinder girls are just delightful. Aren't they fun to make and they all seem to have their own little personality too.

amanda said...

OOOh I love those kinder dolls, they would be great for my day care children, thanks for sharing!