Friday, January 8, 2010

Holiday Stitching


Being on holidays is wonderful as you can do what you love most. This week I have read, sun-lounged, stitched, watched DVD's, napped and generally been a holiday slob! Bliss! I have managed to completed my FIS birthday stitchery and framed it.

This year the Friends in Stitching online group I am part of is running a BOM. The first block is January's block and its called Capital T. The Dresden Plate block was just me being inspired by the gorgeous fabric!

I have been working on my Quilt Aid quilt whenever I have a spare moment. I have 3 of the 12 blocks to complete then the middle and side border appliques....

24 comments:

Orcsmom said...

I love the stitchery. What pattern is it? I would love to stitch it for my BFF. The quilt is looking quite lovely. Can't wait for it to be completed.

Hugs!
Pam

Fer said...

I think you can wear the badge of 'sloth' with pride! Although seeing all these lovely works I wouldn't call you that slothy. ;)

PS. LOVE the new background!

Lissa Jane said...

Oh I am a sloth but not on holidays.. it works for me! :O))
I love your Bronny Hayes stitchery and your Quilt aid blocks are lovely.. I am biased, Dresden is my favourite block! :O))


Lissa
spooky, word verification : brony

Julz said...

Hi Catherine, I've found your blog through Leanne "The Stitching Room", you have some gorgeous work, and see you too are a fan of Leanne Beasley - you were so lucky to get to one of her workshops with Rosalie. Look forward to seeing your blog again soon. Hugs Jx

Jo said...

Hi Catherine, holidays are fun arent they. Love all your projects and that doll is so cute.

Myra said...

Oooo looky-looky!!! Wonderful stitchery! Very colorful! 8-)

Love your T and Dresden, and what I can see of the Quilt Aid blocks... 8-)

Happy stitchings!
Enjoy you holidays...

Scottish Nanna said...

Love your new background And your stitcheries are great glad you had A good holiday.
Hugs Mary.

Christine said...

Hi Cathy. I love your new blog look. I've been a sloth too!! Trying to get a few UFOs finished but it's not happening very quickly. Love your Rouenneries blocks ... my favourite fabric at the moment. The stitchery looks lovely in the white frame and you seem to be whizzing through those Quilt Aid blocks. Keep up the good work.

Christine

PS The word verification thingy says "mycat"!!

Melinda said...

I particularly like the dresden plate. The fabrics look great together.

Sarah said...

Oh I love Jodie's doll you made - she is SO sweet with her little cardy and all.

The colours in your stitching groups quilt is beautiful. You have a great eye for colours and mixing them.

I am amazed at how much of the QUilt Aid quilt you have done. Fantastic!

Some serious slothing earned!

Julie said...

Oh Cath, you do such beautiful work, and I am infatuated with your fabric choices.....If only these holidays could go on forever??

Cubby House Crafts said...

Such beautiful work! Love your fabric choices
Lisa

Kylie said...

You have been a busy girl - dont you just love the holidays. I wish I could get to more stitching but the time with the kids is also very precious. I love your Quilt Aid Quilt - gorgeous. Cheers Kylie xxx

Leanne said...

The dresden plate block turned out beautiful Cathy. I also love your Quilt aid blocks, you have done a great job with those.

Janet said...

What a lovely blog you have. I've been reding through some of your posts and you make some wonderful projects. I love this quilt you've shown and those dolls of Jodies look wonderful. Love the stitchery, great pattern.

Sølvis blog said...

A lot of wonderful things in this post, but I love the stitchery the most

Stina Blomgren said...

WOW.. lots of things happening here....lots of wonderful blocks have been made.. so much fun...
I envy you of your sunny and warm days... I long to be able to be out stitching...sigh...:o)))))

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work ! I'm glad you're enjoying your holidays .

Lynda said...

Everything looks beautiful Cathy. I love this time of year (shame I'm now back at work) when there's nothing planned, you can be as busy or not-busy as you like.

RG said...

I love what you''re up to Cathy!!

Micki said...

Your Quilt Aid blocks are just lovely! They are all so pretty!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, I love your Quilt Aid blocks....glad you enjoyed your holiday bliss...Warmm Regards Lyn

DAWNIE said...

oh wow love what you did with the dresenden block - very clever. This will look awesome

Hannele said...

Your birthday stichery is lovely - and so are the quilt blocks, too =)