Sunday, April 28, 2013

Little Black Dress

 
I seem to have started many things this month and managed to finish only one.
My focus of late has been exercise though and I have made a big 5km a day effort on the Treadmill, so thats been a bonus.
 
 
This is my Little Black Dress quilt. Inspired by the cooler weather and a picture I saw online, I used charm squares and half a jelly roll in fabric that works well in our Loungeroom.
 
 

 
The finished quilt, all folded and ready for when I need a lap quilt or a snuggle on the couch with a book.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Cathy this is so gorgeous,i love this quilt and the fabrics that it is made of,well done.xx

Susan said...

I love your quilt Cathy, great design for those fabrics. I'm sure you will need it soon.

2paw said...

Five kilometres?? And in the holidays too!! Poor Miss Milly, I hope she didn't have to run along with you!!
Your new quilt looks lovely!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely quilt........

Vicki said...

Looks great, Cathy! Well done :)

Christine said...

Your quilt looks awesome ... I love the grey fabric with the black spots.

Jan said...

What a cool quilt, Cathy! Love the colours, so smart and fresh and modern.

Bev said...

Your quilt is gorgeous (as usual). My questions is how do you keep your dog off the blocks when you spread them on the floor? Mine zero in on anything I put on the floor with lightening speed and claim it! Love the quilt. Just send it my way!

Cheery wave from
Bev

Lynda said...

The quilt is beautiful Cathy - looks very elegant in those colours.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Love the 'little black dress' Cathy...looks great and perfect for snuggling under!

sugoi-07 said...

Great to see your newest project Cathy. Looks great.

Jo said...

What a lovely lap quilt, so cuddly!
Hannah