A few weeks ago I went to Melbourne for the weekend with Alex.
I flew over early Friday morning to met this lovely lady, Jan from Little Red Hen.
Jan and I have been friends in Blogland and on Facebook for a few years and have enjoyed sharing jokes and poking fun at each other as well as sharing some of our life and crafting endeavours.
Now in one of these pictures we are standing at our correct height....
can you guess which one?
I had the best day Lots of chatting and shopping at Millrose Cottage, not to mention a very yummy lunch next door at Millrose Cottage Restaurant and Cafe.
As Jan and I have birthdays close together we had our own little birthday swap.
Jan made me this brightly coloured bag, some frangipani soap, a scissor fob and a little dress cut out.
Thank you Jan...all your gifts were very special!
And these are the gifts I gave Jan. I tried to find little red hens,
but the best I could do was little yellow birds...haha
but the best I could do was little yellow birds...haha
And above are a couple of the fabrics I purchased.
Thank you so much Jan, it was wonderful to meet you in person
and I have the most wonderful day.






8 comments:
Hi Cathy this is such a fun meeting place and how lovely to finally meet Jan,we are going to try and meet up also,love both swap gifts and such lovely buys.xx
Looks like it was a very quilty weekend. Love the materials.
It's so special when you get to meet blog friends in real life. And so much fun to do it at Millrose. Lovely birthday gifts too.
Such a great place to meet up with friends. Sounds like you had a lovely day. Hugs
I had a wonderful day too, Cathy. It was so great to meet you - you are just as cheeky in person! And I am definitely going to get a stool to stand on for photos next time! that little dress thingy is a bookmark, in case you were wondering.
Oh how nice that you met this lovely lady. Glad to see she is still stitching too.
what a great catch up, and the venue is perfect!
Post a Comment